Pages

Saturday 18 January 2014

Happy Winnie The Pooh Day! Facts And Fun



Oooo I am so excited about this day!! I love love loved Winnie The Pooh when I was growing up, and one of the first books I can remember reading was a Winnie The Pooh book when I was only 4! That's 16 whole years ago and children all around the world still love him and his little friends! To celebrate, I drew that little pic of classic Winnie up there, and this is gonna be a random jumble of a few of my fave Pooh Bear facts and quotes! Yay!

People Really Play Poohsticks

Poohsticks has to be THE cutest game in the world! It involves Christopher Robin and Pooh Bear dropping sticks off a bridge into a river, and seeing which one comes out first at the other side. Awww! The funny thing is people actually take this sport seriously, and hold contests and everything-crazy!

"So they gathered on the old wooden bridge and played the game for many contented hours. And Eeyore, who had never played it before, won more times than anyone else. But poor Tigger won none at all." 


A.A Milne based the characters on his son's toys!

A.A Milne is the creator of Winnie The Pooh. He started writing books about the animals of the Hundred- acre wood (I didn't even have to google that-saad haha!) based on his own sons teddies! His son's name was, you guessed it, Christopher Robin, and apart from changing the character style and all that jazz, Disney stayed surprisingly close to the original story lines and characters. I loved it anyway!


mrkstyle.com


Pooh Is The Cutest Thing In The World 

Even when I was small I was sure of one thing; Pooh was the loveliest bear in the whole world. He was always trying to do things to make his friends happy or fix teeny tiny Piglet's mistakes. Oh Piglet. Some of the nicest quotes in the world are from Pooh and they always make me smile. I don't care how cheesy that is. 

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” 


Mr.Sanders

If you know Pooh Bear you'll know "he lived under the name Mr.Sanders", this being the sign over the door of his house. A lot of people reckon it's just Pooh's second name but I think more than that. It's been thought that Milne wrote under the name Sander's sometimes, and other people say he was a guy who worked for Milne. Whatever the case, it's food for thought. 



flickr.com


Pooh was called Edward Bear first, after the original teddy, but then changed to Winnie, after Winnipeg, a bear who was the mascot for a Canadian Army. He's known as Pooh, Pooh Bear, but never Winnie. That just sounds so weird! 


Piglet Is So Cute 

Piglet used to annoy me a little when I was younger, I don't know why! Now I can see that he's seriously so cute and he has some quotes that'll make you go aaaww!!!

“Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you.” 


“Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?'
'Supposing it didn't,' said Pooh after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.” 


The real Roo teddy was lost in an orchard in the 1930s

Which makes me really sad and I wanna go find him! 


I really think this is the cutest day ever! I better start getting ready cause I gots places to be haha but hope you all enjoyed this! I'll leave you all with another loverly quote! Have a supoyb night! 
Soph x 

“One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries.” 

(All quotes from A.A Milne-Legend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment